This dish is a healthy plant-based alternative to tuna salad. It is very simple to make and tastes delicious.
- 3 cups canned chickpeas
- 3 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 pickles diced
- 2 tablespoons nori seaweed flakes
- 1/2 cup plant-based cashew sour cream
- Flake salt to taste
- Mash the chickpeas in a bowl
- Add the diced ingredients to the mashed chickpeas
- Mix well
- Then add the nori seaweed flakes and mix well*
- Lastly add the sour cream and flake salt
- Mix well
- Serve with pita or on a bed of lettuce
*Note: if you do not have seaweed flakes you can grind up 1 or 2 sheets of seaweed in a spice grinder.
You can pair this dish with some whole wheat crackers or with homemade pita bread.
Call to Action
"We remember...the cucumbers, the melons, the leeks, the onions, and the garlic" (Numbers 11:5 ESV).
God has provided us many wonderful things to eat. More importantly, He gave His Son to die for our sins, so that we may have internal life (John 3:16).
Please! Accept this free gift. Only thorough a saving relationship through Jesus can we be saved and eat of the heavenly fruit, that will taste better than we could ever imagine!
Our next plant-based recipe will be published on February 21.