I don’t know about you, but I’m all in for super tasty easy recipes that take only 15-20 minutes to make. If you love garlic like I do, this recipe is for you!
Spanish Aioli Potatoes (A Tapas Dish from Spain)
- 3 medium sized organic potatoes
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 cup of veganaise (enough to cover all the potatoes)
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Sea salt to taste
- Cut the potatoes (peeled and washed) into small pieces that are 1/2 inch thick, add the cut potatoes into a stock pot, making sure they are in a flat layer, fill with cold water, just enough to barely cover the potatoes, season generously with sea salt and heat with a high heat.
- After 14 to 15 minutes the potatoes should be perfectly cooked, pierce them with a toothpick, if it easily goes in but with some resistance, they are perfect, you don’t want to overcook them, remove from the heat and drain into a colander, shake off any excess water and let them sit at room temperature.
- While the potatoes are cooling off, make the aioli by adding in the 3 minced garlic cloves, 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, ½ teaspoon of lemon juice, and pinch in some sea salt into 1 cup of veganaise, mix all the ingredients well until creamy, the aioli is done!
- Transfer the potatoes into a large bowl, pour the aioli over the potatoes and add in 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley, gently mix together until each piece of potato is coated in the aioli and parsley, making sure you don’t break the potatoes.
- Serve at room temperature or add into the refrigerator for 30 minutes and serve chilled, enjoy!
Call to Action
Garlic, only mentioned once in the Bible, the Jews longed for it, as they had acquired the taste for it while being slaves in Egypt. The Lord provided us with so many amazing flavors to be creative with, but let us not complain when we are required to have more simple foods, as we need to be content in all situations.
All scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson. Used by permission. All rights reserved.