Christmas is just around the corner, and this dish will make your table look amazing. I like to serve mine over salad, but you can serve it on its own or as a dessert with some vanilla ice cream and topped with pistachios. The pomegranate juice with cinnamon, anise, and cloves will make your home smell like Christmas!
Pomegranate Poached Pears With Pistachios
- 4 large pears peeled and cut in halves without the core
- 2 cups 100% no sugar added pure pomegranate juice
- 1 cup organic no sugar added apple juice
- 2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 2 sticks of cinnamon
- 2 star anise
- 3 whole cloves
- 1/4 cup pistachios crushed
- Peel and core the pears and add to a large pan with the pomegranate and apple juice, ginger, cardamom, cinnamon sticks, cloves, and maple syrup. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a light simmer. Cook for 15 minutes (make sure to flip the pears half way through to ensure they cook well in both sides).
- Remove the pears from the pan, then increase the apple juice mixture to a light boil. Boil for around 15 minutes until the juice reduces and becomes a syrup.
- Plate the pears and then drizzle on the syrup. Sprinkle with pistachios. Enjoy!
Call to Action
When I eat pomegranates, I can’t help but to think of the promised land (Revelation 21:1). I can’t wait to be there one day!
Our next plant-based recipe will be published on December 26.
Add new comment