This simple waffle recipe is a great option for breakfast any day of the week. While using only eleven ingredients, it is an easy and fun way to start your day while building up your body's health.
Enjoy the most important part of your day and start with this healthy and hearty meal fit for royalty.
Easy Gluten Free Waffles
- 1 1/2 cups non-dairy milk, unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, pure
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 2 cups gluten-free flour blend
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds, ground
Instructions for Waffles
- Turn oven on to "warm" setting or to 200°F to keep your finished waffles warm and crispy.
- Turn on the waffle maker to the desired temperature setting. The setting will vary depending on your waffle maker and how you prefer your waffles.
- Whisk non-dairy milk, coconut oil, vanilla, ground flax seeds, and maple syrup together in a medium-sized bowl, whisking enough to incorporate the flax seeds. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt together in a large bowl.
- Slowly add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix well until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Ladle enough waffle mixture into your waffle maker so the bottom of the waffle maker is filled. Close waffle maker and cook for about 3-4 minutes or until golden.
- 2 1/2 cups frozen mixed berries (or berries of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
Instructions for Berry Sauce
- Place all of the ingredients in a small pot and cook on medium heat for about 3-5 minutes.
- Mash the berries when they become soft.
Top your waffle with berry sauce and maple syrup and enjoy.
Call to Action
Why not make one healthy breakfast two or three times a week and see how it affects your overall health. Diet is the key to healthy living.
Our next plant-based recipe will be published on July 14.
The above recipe is an excerpt from: “Selah & Anthony’s Cookbook.”