This rice pudding is so delicious, it reminds me of my childhood back in Colombia. There are different variations of “Arroz Con Leche” in Latin America, but this is my vegan Colombian version.
Dairy-Free Rice Pudding
- 1 cup organic white rice
- 4 cups of filtered water
- 4 organic cinnamon sticks
- 4 whole organic cloves
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar (or any sweetener of your choice)
- 1 can coconut sweetened condensed milk (I use “Nature’s Charm” brand from Amazon)
- 6 cans unsweetened evaporated coconut milk (Nature’s Charm” brand)
- Cinnamon powder (for sprinkling on top at serving time)
Add rice to water with cinnamon sticks and cloves to a pot, cook until rice is soft; once rice is soft, add coconut sugar, evaporated coconut milk and coconut condensed milk.
Let it boil in medium heat, then lower the heat, stir, and scrape the bottom of the pot, until it thickens a little. Do not over cook, it will thicken even more in the fridge.
Remove cinnamon sticks and cloves; refrigerate before serving.
Serve warm or cold, top it with cinnamon powder and decorate with cinnamon sticks.
Call to Action
Just as we delight in our sweet treats, let’s enjoy reading and speaking God’s Word.
Our next plant-based recipe will be published on July 30.