This breakfast smoothie is the perfect way to start your day right, not only it is packed with fiber and vitamins, but also minerals, digestive enzymes and anti-inflammatory properties.
Did you know that Pineapple has long been revered in the world of anti-inflammatory foods? Fresh pineapple contains bromelain, a protein-digesting enzyme known for its anti-inflammatory properties.
Anti-Inflammatory Green Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen or fresh pineapple with its core
- 1/2 cup frozen mango
- The juice of half a lemon
- 2 cups fresh organic spinach
- 1/4 cup frozen or fresh coconut flesh (but not dry)
- 1 scoop plant based vanilla protein (I prefer Garden of Life brand)
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plain almond yogurt
Blend until creamy, enjoy!
Call to Action
Why not try this smoothie and share your thoughts below! It’s our prayer that we each take care of our physical bodies, but more importantly, it’s our prayer that ask the Lord to help us grow spiritually and get us ready for Jesus to come.
“For while bodily training is of some value, godliness is of value in every way, as it holds promise for the present life and also for the life to come” (1 Timothy 4:8 ESV).
Our next plant-based recipe will be published on May 24.