Learn How You and Your Children May Live Like the Book of Acts
Do you long to live, love, and lead your family by the power of the Holy Spirit? Do you hunger for your home to be a Holy Spirit led disciple-making center in your neighborhood? Come and join me in discovering how the Holy Spirit worked with imperfect believers in the book of Acts who dared to surrender to Jesus as Lord. What the Spirit of God did in the first century is an inspiring prophecy of what He is ready to do now in your life and family today!
Every article in this series “Rain on Fire” is written simply as a tool for your family to use in exploring and living like the believers in the book of Acts. Do not attempt without coming to Jesus in humble prayer asking for His grace and power.
A Bible Study for the Whole Family:
- Think of different objects or tools that help us get directions. (Examples: compass, map, GPS, North Star, etc.)
- Invite each one to act out some object that helps us know our directions. Invite everyone to watch and guess.
- We all find our directions in different ways. Now we are going to learn how Jesus found His directions.
- When your family thinks of your best times together, do you think of what each of you has done or what the Holy Spirit has done?
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to teach your family the written Word of God.
- Read Acts 1:1-2. What does this passage tell us about Jesus? Who directed Him? We may be tempted to think that because Jesus is God, that no one gave Him directions. But Jesus DID get directions. Again, who directed Him?
- Read Luke 4:1,14. What do these texts tell us about Jesus and His dependence on the Holy Spirit?
* For additional study: Read Luke 4:1-44. What did the Holy Spirit help Jesus to do?
Call to Action: Apply
- What if our family was led all the time by the Holy Spirit? Let’s pray together and ask God the Father to show us what happy changes the Holy Spirit would do in our home if He led us all the time.
- Take 2 minutes to draw a picture of what positive changes the Holy Spirit would bring our home if He led.
- Invite everyone to share their pictures and share the message with the family.
- Place the pictures on the floor and kneel in a circle around the pictures. Pray for God to send the Holy Spirit to lead and direct you.
When will the next article in this series be published? The next article will be published in 4-5 weeks.
Share how this Bible study has blessed you, your family and others by commenting below.